Hi everyone! Below are preliminary ride times for our show on Sunday, June 14. If you’ll be showing with us, PLEASE READ THE REST OF THIS and don’t just skip ahead to ride times, because a) this is our first show so bear with us, and b) um, coronavirus.
1. Hey, the coronavirus is still a thing. As mentioned in the show program, you’ll be required to rock a mask unless you’re mounted. Please also social distance, park your trailers in such a way that you’re not all up in any fellow competitor’s business, and don’t come to the show if you’re not feeling well or if you’ve been exposed to someone sick. Please temp yourself before you come to the show; if it’s high, stay home. If we catch anyone behaving in an unsafe manner, I’ll throw you off my farm so fast your head will spin, AND keep your money. Don’t be dumb.
2. DO NOT USE YOUR GPS to come to the farm. I can basically guarantee that you’ll regret it. Use the directions here: http://spriesersporthorse.com/contact-us/directions/. There will be some signage as well, but cell phone reception is absolute garbage for several miles around the farm, so don’t count on being able to call these directions up from your phone.
3. An aerial view of the farm is available via email, with parking and water spigots circled. There will also be a community manure bucket, and while we’re going to do our best to regularly clean both the bucket/fork and the spigots, plan accordingly before touching community stuff.
4. As there’s no rider numbers, and all you little champions have given me complete entries (thank you!), just pop on your ponies and get riding; no need to check in anywhere. We did have a change of plan: the show ring is now our OUTDOOR, and the warmup is the INDOOR. Everything will be well labelled.
5. Do know that there are a few grates across the driveways that some horses find objectionable. Plan accordingly. If you think your horse might be a doofus, or you’d just like to have some extra time to see the facilities, remember we’re offering $10 off lessons the week of the show. You can sign up at Time Center.
6. The plan is still coming together, but I’m 99% sure we’re going to go totally contact free and photograph and email your tests to you, rather than hand back paper sheets. If that really cramps your style, shoot me an email and we can work something else out.
7. There are NO BATHROOMS available to folks trailering in. There is NO FOOD SERVICE. The water from the spigots in the parking area is very drinkable, so either bring your own bottle or bring your own water outright. There is also NO ADMITTANCE to the stables.
8. Please don’t trash our parking field. We appreciate it.
9. Heather Richards will be at the show to photograph rides. Please sign up in advance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos will be posted online after the show and will be available for download.
Price for photographs will be $40 for all photos taken of you and your horse for the day. Payment should be made through PayPal. Half of all proceeds will be donated to the Culpeper Food Closet to help the local community.
Examples of past horse show work:
Lauren Sprieser and Guernsey Elvis – https://flic.kr/p/2hqfRbD
Jessica Howard and Rhodesian Sky – https://flic.kr/p/2gfyFmS
Lauren Fisher and Dorian Gray – https://flic.kr/p/2g3caUd
9:30 Lainey Ashker Atlas Intermediate A
9:40 Autumn Shuler Hatfield 1-1
9:47 Nikki Smith Riverton T1
9:54 Jodie Potts Island Fever 3-1
10:01 Nikki Smith Riverton T1
10:08 Judy Sprieser Con Air V OTHER
10:18 Cheryl Sherman Rio PSG
10:28 Addie Cant Fiftyshadesofcharm 1-3
10:35 Alissa Genovese Island Fever T2
10:48 Dana Voorhees Sleeping Tiger T3
10:57 Dawn Cregger Don Juan’s Reckless Daughter 1-1
11:04 Dana Voorhees Sleeping Tiger T3
11:11 Dawn Cregger Don Juan’s Reckless Daughter 1-2
11:18 Holly Wilmoth Leonardo KF T3
11:25 Robb Mosby Achaemenes 1-1
11:32 Holly Wilmoth Leonardo KF T3
11:39 Lauren Axselle Velvet Alley I-B
11:46 Jodie Potts Agent M I-C
11:53 Lauren Axselle Velvet Alley I-C
12:30 Lainey Ashker Zeppelin 2-2
12:37 Barbara Burk Dela T3
12:44 Cindy McAlister Fenway Park T2
12:51 Barbara Burk Dela 1-1
12:58 Cindy McAlister Fenway Park T2
1:05 Susan Gallagher Chacco Chip 1-3
1:12 Jodie Harney Iskandar 2-1
1:19 Susan Gallagher Chacco Chip 1-1
1:26 Jillian White Karma’s A Beach T3
1:33 Meg Melusen Glenhaven Serengeti 1-2
1:40 Lauren Sprieser Gretzky RV 3-3
1:55 Karrigan Norris Flo T3
2:02 Leigh Wood Dollar Mountain 1-1
2:09 Karrigan Norris Flo 1-2
2:16 Leigh Wood Dollar Mountain 1-1
2:23 Elyse Betz Santiago del Escarvido 2-1
2:30 Jess Idol Fantom PSG
2:40 Lauren LeBorgeeois Elbaran 1-1
2:47 Katherine Buck Gray Cabeza Prieta T3
2:53 Lauren LeBorgeeois Elbaran T3
3:00 Katherine Buck Gray Cabeza Prieta 1-2
3:15 Lainey Ashker Call Him Paddy 2-1
3:22 Nikki Smith Knock On Wood T2
3:29 Jess Idol Escandolo JB 3-1
3:36 Nikki Smith Knock On Wood T2
3:43 Patricia Vos T3
3:50 Lauren Sprieser De Angelicus MTF 1-3
3:57 Lainey Ashker Krymsym Kruzier T1